Fanning Howey is looking for a registered mechanical engineer to join our Indiana or Ohio offices. As part of our mission to create smarter places for learning, you will provide mechanical engineering for
K-12 and Higher Education clients throughout Indiana, Ohio and the country. The ideal candidate will be a Professional Engineer and will have 4 to 10 years of related experience or training.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine the feasibility of design and its application.
- Design products or systems for mechanical, geothermal, or heat transfer systems and plumbing solutions.
- Direct and coordinate drawings and design processes to conform to engineering design and client specifications.
- Design systems in CAD or BIM / AutoCAD or Revit
- Design systems to interface with various hardware and software used throughout the rest of the design.
- Evaluate site installations and recommend design modifications.
- Continually further professional development/education by engaging in appropriate programs and experience opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Revit
- Must be a Professional Engineer (PE).