Fanning Howey is looking for an experienced project manager to join our Indianapolis office. As part of our mission to create smarter places for learning, you will lead project teams for K-12 and Higher Education clients throughout Indiana. The ideal candidate will be a graduate of an accredited architectural or engineering program and have 4 to 10 years of related experience or training. Professional registration is desirable, but not required.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance of projects and services to clients, meeting budgets and goals of all projects.
- Review requests for proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confer with project staff and client to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
- Review status and project budget reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Some design and drafting may be included in this role.
- Manage hours, budget, and reporting.
- Research and review specifications.
- Develop design concepts with project team; present design to client.
- Provide leadership and positive working atmosphere.
- Participate in marketing to prospective clients.
- Verify existing building conditions, negotiate contracts, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Develop design and construction document drawings and specifications.
- Conduct feasibility studies.
- Meet with client staff.
- Confer with client regarding all issues.
- Conduct field visits.
- Interpret code issues.
- Continually further professional development/education by engaging in appropriate programs and experience opportunities.
- Adhere to the Human Performance Code of Conduct, support the quality assurance programs, and allow for innovation from area to increase levels of efficiency and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited architectural or engineering program or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional registration is desirable.
- Fluency in Revit, Bluebeam Revu and Microsoft Office