Join our Team
Plumbing Systems Designer – Indiana and Ohio
01 Job Description
Fanning Howey is looking for an experienced plumbing systems designer to join our team. As part of our mission to create smarter places for learning, you will design plumbing systems for K-12 and Higher Education clients throughout Indiana and Ohio. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 10 years of related experience or training.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Draft and design products or plumbing systems through CAD or BIM / AutoCAD or Revit.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications for future projects.
- Produce shop drawings.
- Coordinate meetings, work closely with other team members, and assist technicians with design questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continually further professional development/education by engaging in appropriate programs and experience opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Should have working knowledge of Revit.